Students become “LBA Media Crew”
The LBA has a initiative to create a talent pool of media personnel, This is a great way to engage with this initiative which the LBA will be providing a vast range of opportunities that are paid and voluntary.
To make this possible, LBA will be looking to work with the schools in our leagues as our Media Crew aims to build on last years media coverage and showcase what is happening in our leagues.
Now, the power is in the schools’ hands. Each school will have the option to nominate 2/3 students to work alongside LBA staff to cover their games – via Instagram, Snapchat and still photography. All you need to do is let us know which of your games you would like to nominate students for. LBA will then attend with equipment and a team leader, who will brief, guide and inspire!
This is a great opportunity, as LBA have finite resources, and schools have young people that will get the chance to be a part of the basketball league, playing a very important role which the whole world can witness. They will also receive guidance and support from an LBA pro, and who knows, this really could be a life changing experience.
(interview from last season)
- Email [email protected] with details of the game. this could be the game reference number (which you can get from the schedule), or send the time, date, venue.
- Confirm who the 2/3 students from the school are. They will have to complete this consent form before their first gig to solidify their place.
- LBA attire will be provided!
This is a fantastic opportunity for students to:
- Gain practical experience recording and photographing live sports as well as performing interviews
- Potentially get paid
- Improve employability
- Possibly contribute towards coursework assignments
The role will require:
- Filming and streaming games
- Photographing games
- Performing and recording interviews
- Post-production editing
- Be reliable
- Have great work ethic and be up for a challenge
- Be able to use their initiative
Tip to give you ahead start:
- Look through LBA Instagram page to get an idea of the pictures we capture.
- Watch (YouTube) sports interviews, especially basketball ones.