Officials will be managed by the AllOfficials
website app which empowers you to be able to make changes to the details, four days before the game and is helping to make officiating viable.
Here is the set up for the league’s officials:
- Provided by LBA (paid for with your entry fee)
- Table Officials
- All games: at least one (1) table official provided by the Home team, supported by LBA as we can reimburse volunteers for £5
- Media Crew
- All games: 1-3 students provided by the Home team to capture content. Away team can provide as well if they wish so.
- LBA Media Crew Ambassadors: Each school will have to designate at least three students to sign up for this opportunity. Essentially, the students would take the Media Crew course (more information in the next section), they will be given LBA attire kit, and capture all the great content relevant to home games.
Once signed up, the LBA competition commissioner will be in touch with how to gain access to the accredited courses. Each school will have a total of 25 places up to 100% off
(costing you £0 to £11.85) for the following courses:
*bundled with an officiating t-shirt & whistle
- Referee – Level 1*, includes FIBA Rules Refresher
- Table Official – Level 1*, includes FIBA Digital Scoresheet
- Media Crew Member – Level 1
- Gain access to 19 Duty of Care courses which includes essential courses such as First Aid and Safeguarding Young People
LBA has an Initiative that everybody should become a ROC
, this currently includes the following roles – R
eferee, Table O
oach and Media Crew Member at a Sports Event. With this said we are investing in the people within our competitions, by pledging to work with the schools by giving access to online accredited courses which are nationally recognised (subject to resources). This helps us achieve a competition which is self-sufficient where possible, this will save cost and grow the league, plus our young people will gain a more enriched experience.